The ATO has recently set out the types of schemes it will investigate in relation to JobKeeper payments. It is no surprise that many of these schemes relate to the decline in turnover test.
In this webinar, Fletch Heinemann and Sarah Lancaster will discuss what businesses are in the ATO’s sights, what businesses should be low risk and what steps businesses should take now to prepare for an audit.
Fletch and Sarah will cover:
- what happens if the ATO applies the anti avoidance provisions
- which businesses have a high risk of being audited
- the broad meaning of the term ‘scheme’
- the ‘sole or dominant purpose’ test
- what happens when a business decision is motivated by multiple purposes
- examples that we have seen in practice as well as those in the ATO’s PCG 2020/4
- evidence to gather now to prepare for an audit.
This webinar is highly recommended for:
- financial planners
- other professional advisers who are assisting clients to manage audits and respond to the ATO.