Your legal partner in agribusiness
One of the largest corporate and commercial law firms in Brisbane, offers the services of a dedicated agribusiness team with a genuine understanding of the unique needs of this sector and its supply chain – from the farm and production to marketing and sales.
Our Brisbane-based lawyers act for businesses in a broad range of industries around Australia, including:
We have represented many large organisations with varied interests, including processors, transporters, exporters, industry representative bodies, research and development organisations and government bodies.
Our commercial lawyers in Brisbane also regularly advise leading agribusiness organisations in relation to capital raisings, trade documentation and agreements.
As well as in rural Queensland, our Brisbane-based lawyers have acted for many parties across northern and central Australia who wish to buy and sell grazing and cropping properties.
Privatisation and corporatisation
We have been involved in the privatisation and corporatisation of several industry sectors, including cotton and horticultural industries. Our team has also advised on post-privatisation issues in the egg industry.
Our corporatisation involvement extends from large manufacturers to cooperative enterprises and from processors to growers and producers.
Adding value to your business
We understand the unique legal issues facing organisations in the agribusiness sector, and clients benefit from our ability to establish mutually beneficial contacts within their industry, which in turn adds value to their business.
We provide legal services to clients in agribusiness and primary production in relation to:
- Trade agreements for distribution, marketing and licensing, including preparing terms of trade and distribution for exporters and domestic use, advising in relation to Incoterms and preparing agreements for use in Australia and overseas, including anti-corruption provisions
- Capital raisings and initial public offerings (IPOs)
- Commercial advice and agreements
- Conduct and compensation agreements with coal seam gas companies
- Directors’ duties
- Workplace relations and safety
- Industry restructuring
- Intellectual property, including in relation to Australian and international trademarks
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Revenue, tax and superannuation
- Rural property acquisitions and sales
- Use of rural land to create alternative income streams, including solar farms
- Supply chain and chain of responsibility issues
- System audits for legal compliance, including addressing anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism financing and foreign corruption legislative requirements
- Business succession, including estate planning and passing on the family farm
- Stakeholder agreements
- Share farming and agistment agreements
- Biosecurity legal issues
- Litigation and dispute resolution
To seek advice from a specialist corporate lawyer about an agribusiness matter, call (07) 3231 2444.