Health, wellbeing and flexibility
Your health is our priority
We know our people are our most important asset. We recognise that each of us is an individual with different needs and commitments, and this underpins our range of support, wellness and flexibility initiatives that have earned us recognition as an employer of choice.
Cooper Grace Ward is a leader in flexible work arrangements. We monitor the hours of work performed by team members and take steps to ensure this is consistent with a healthy work/life balance. We offer flexible work arrangements to meet the diverse career and personal aspirations of our entire team.
We adopt a balanced approach to developing a highly engaged team, which includes realistic chargeable hours expectations as well as regular recognition and reward for contributions to the firm’s success.
Hear what our team have to say
At Cooper Grace Ward, we care about the wellbeing of our people. In this video, Partner Belinda Winter shares her personal insights on what wellbeing means to her and how we promote it at CGW. You will learn about the various initiatives that we have implemented to support the physical and mental health of our team members in their daily work.
“As a leader in the legal profession, I feel as though it’s my responsibility to positively impact our working environment so that our wellbeing can be protected in a way that was not available in law firms when I was coming through the ranks”.
Our wellness and flexibility initiatives
Health and wellbeing
Access our comprehensive range of team health and wellness activities, from group fitness, to regular breakfasts, health assessments and much more.
- End of trip facilities, such as e-bike charging ports, lockers, showers, blow driers and hair straighteners
- Wellbeing initiatives, such as in-house yoga classes, nutrition and healthy eating seminars and puppy cuddles
- Complimentary breakfast 3 days per week including healthy options
- CGW Day (additional day of leave to promote wellness)
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free counselling for our team and their families
- Discounted private health insurance
- Complimentary health assessments (executives)
Support for our team and their families
- Paid parental leave
- Breastfeeding accredited workplace
- Family and domestic violence leave
- Daycare facilities available within our office building
- Study support, including financial support and leave entitlements
- Mentoring program
- Access to external training programs.
Currently around 40% of our team members taking advantage of flexible work arrangements to meet their family, study, sporting and other commitments.
- Flexible working options, including hours of work, patterns of work and work from home options
- Cloud based technology for ease of remote access and cyber safety
- Access to shared remote facilities such as laptops and other mobile devices
- Job share arrangements
- Ability to purchase extra annual leave to use for family responsibilities
- Working casually or part-time to allow flexibility for university studies
- ‘Give and take’ approach to short absences like medical appointments.
Progressive practices and policies
We pride ourselves on our inclusive team culture, which is underpinned by a variety of flexible and progressive policies and initiatives that encourage and support diversity in its many forms. Some of our policies and practices include: