Cooper Grace Ward’s construction and infrastructure lawyers have substantial experience in the development and management of infrastructure in a variety of sectors, including property, water, energy and resources, renewables, transport, health, education and telecommunications.
Our in-depth knowledge of infrastructure planning laws and regulations ensures smooth-running projects for our clients. We liaise with the relevant regulatory bodies on your behalf and ensure documentation and approvals are in order. This includes liaison with Queensland Government departments and local government authorities.
Our construction and infrastructure lawyers act for the full range of industry participants, including project proponents, government bodies, property owners and developers, contractors and consultants.
Our major services in construction and infrastructure include:
- documenting, negotiating and advising on all forms of contract relevant to infrastructure
- business case and feasibility stage advice in selecting appropriate procurement methods
- designing, documenting and advising on tender processes
- advising on tender disputes, process contracts and probity issues
- developing and delivering training programs and preparing risk management materials and standard form documents for government and private sector clients in a variety of industries
- litigation in state and federal courts and tribunals involving issues such as security and retention, variation and contract payment claims, and defects
- claims under Queensland and interstate legislation, including applications for judicial review
- risk management and compliance programs for construction sites
- planning and environment advice and appeals
- workplace relations and safety advice, documentation and litigation
- property acquisition, leasing and sales
- project structuring and taxation advice.
For legal advice on infrastructure development and management, call (07) 3231 2444