Cooper Grace Ward’s family business lawyers recognise the important role of family-owned businesses and family offices in our economy.
Family-owned businesses account for approximately 70 per cent of all Australian businesses and employ more than half of our country’s workforce.
Often incorrectly assumed to be ‘mum and dad’ or ‘home’ businesses, many of Australia’s largest and most well-known brands are highly successful family-owned businesses.
Our team understands that families in business face different pressure points from other businesses.
At Cooper Grace Ward, we have a team of Brisbane business lawyers who specialise in family business legal issues. They are well versed in the opportunities and issues that can arise due to the interplay between the three systems of family, business and ownership.
Personalised service from specialist family business lawyers
Our experienced family business lawyers regularly travel to meet with clients and their advisers throughout Queensland and interstate to ensure high quality, personalised service.
The major services our Brisbane law firm offers for family business clients in Queensland and across Australia include:
- business succession
- stakeholder agreements
- structuring including asset protection and entity establishment
- commercial advice on, and preparation of, business contracts such as terms of trade and supply agreements
- business sales and purchases
- workplace relations and safety advice
- property advice, including property purchases, leasing and sales
- intellectual property advice and protection strategies
- compliance including trade practices and workplace health and safety compliance
- tax, duty and GST advice
- litigation and dispute resolution
- family law.
Family business clients tell us that the combination of our expertise, commerciality and client focus sets us apart from other law firms.
Our team focuses on understanding your business and your industry. This enables us to provide tailored, commercial solutions that help you grow and protect your business.
For advice on family business concerns from an experienced commercial lawyer, phone (07) 3231 2444.