Our CTP lawyers are specialists in Compulsory Third Party insurance and associated legal advice.
Cooper Grace Ward has more than 30 years’ experience in advising and representing Queensland Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurers.
The highly trained team of insurance specialists bring to the table expertise in motor vehicle law, including the defence and management of Compulsory Third Party (CTP) claims.
A number of lawyers in our team have previously been employed in-house by CTP insurers. This experience gives us a unique insight into the issues facing these insurers.
Our clients benefit from seamless claims management backed by the resources and expertise of a full-service commercial firm.
The results we have achieved for our clients have led to Cooper Grace Ward and members of our team being independently recognised in both Best Lawyers Australia and Doyle’s Guide, in listings of leading CTP, insurance and motor vehicle lawyers.
Our CTP lawyers’ expertise includes:
- Full CTP insurance claims management, including managing catastrophic injury claims and associated rehabilitation issues
- Identifying and defending claims involving fraud, including applications to withhold evidence
- Advising in relation to the interaction between the Motor Accident Insurance Act 1994 and other legislative schemes, including the scope of the statutory CTP policy
- Recovery actions for both personal injury and property damage
- Managing multi-party claims brought under the various personal injuries schemes
- Advocacy in settlement conferences and mediations
- Litigated claims, including appeals to the Queensland Court of Appeal
- Providing input into the review of the MAIA scheme.
If you are a CTP insurer in need of expert legal services, call (07) 3231 2444.