Jessica is an associate in the insurance team. She has been a team member since 2016 and now has three years of post-admission experience, predominantly in the management of personal injury claims for insurers and self-insurers under the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 and Motor Accident Insurance Act 1994.
Jessica frequently prepares advices in relation to liability and quantum issues. She also has experience in advising on statutory threshold issues under the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 and indemnity issues generally.
Jessica has practical experience in claims management during the pre-proceedings and litigation stages, including claims involving pure psychiatric injuries, cross-jurisdictional issues and multiple parties.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Admitted as Solicitor in Queensland, 2018
- Member – Queensland Law Society
- Member – Young Insurance Professionals
- Member – Australian Lawyers Alliance.
- Acting for insurers, including self-insurers, in relation to personal injury claims under the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003
- Acting for insurers in relation to personal injury claims under the Motor Accident Insurance Act 1994
- Advising on liability and quantum issues in personal injuries matters
- Advising on statutory threshold issues under the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003, including drafting reasons for decision
- Representing parties in alternative dispute resolution, including mediations, compulsory conferences and informal negotiations
- Progressing claims through the pre-proceedings and litigation stages, including conducting liability investigations, drafting pleadings, complying with disclosure obligations and briefing medico-legal experts and counsel
- Preparing matters for trial, including witness conferences and liaising with counsel and witnesses.