Cooper Grace Ward has provided property law advice and legal services to the property industry for more than 30 years. We have acted in some of Queensland’s landmark property transactions, projects and developments. Our team brings experience in all types of property transactions, development, leasing, project structuring arrangements, and planning and environment advice and appeals.
Our team acts for property developers, owners, investors, landlords, project managers, contractors, consultants and government across various industries including health and aged care, agriculture, energy and resources, education, and airports and marinas. We provide services to major corporate clients, MMEs and government entities who acquire property as part of their business operations.
Our lawyers understand the importance of a ‘deal making’ rather than ‘deal breaking’ approach and work consistently to the tight deadlines required in property and development projects to meet the needs of our clients.
Cooper Grace Ward’s property team works collaboratively with our commercial team in relation to revenue issues (particularly GST), joint ventures and development agreement structuring, ensuring that we provide our clients with a streamlined approach and optimum commercial outcome for their property developments.
Expert property law advice
Our major services in property law and leasing include:
- property acquisition and sales of commercial, retail and rural properties
- leasing of commercial and industrial real estate, as well as retail properties for large and small scale shopping centres
- planning and development and all scheme compliance, including for master planned developments, tourism and resort developments
- project structuring, including development agreements, joint ventures and property syndication
- planning and environment advice and appeals
- building and construction contract advice and documentation and dispute resolution
- infrastructure agreements
- commercial advice, including advice on all types of contracts and agreements
- resumption advice and compensation recovery
- valuation appeals
- easements and other user rights
- body corporate and community management advice, including scheme and documentation compliance
- community titles schemes documentation and establishment.
Property and real estate sector representation
As one of the largest Brisbane based teams of property lawyers, we have the depth and breadth of expertise to support our clients’ needs. Our lawyers hold committee roles with key property industry bodies including the Property Council of Australia and UDIA Queensland.
Our team has also achieved significant market recognition including rankings in Doyle’s Guide and Best Lawyers Australia.
For advice from experienced property lawyers, email one of our experts or contact Cooper Grace Ward on (07) 3231 2444.