Laura advises clients on a range of property matters including:
- commercial and industrial property purchases and disposals including office towers, shopping centres, manufacturing and distribution facilities
- agribusiness transactions including farm land, farming business, livestock and crop purchases, disposals and management advice
- commercial, industrial and retail leasing
- commercial, industrial and retail asset management and redevelopment
- due diligence investigations and reporting, and
- state leasehold and land tenure issues.
Laura’s experience is consolidated by having worked on secondment as in-house legal counsel for one of the world’s largest family restaurant owners, meaning she is acutely aware of the challenges faced by clients with respect to asset management, and is responsive and practical when advising clients.
As a property law advocate, Laura is an active member of the Property Council of Australia, Retail Committee and also undertakes sessional academic work in the Faculty of Law at the Queensland University of Technology. Laura has presented at various property industry events and training programs.
- Committee Member – Property Council of Australia, Retail Committee – current
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) – Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Justice, Public Policy (Honours) – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member – Golden Key International Academic Honours Society
- Committee Member – Property Council of Australia, Future Directions Committee 2008-2014
- Best Lawyers Australia (2020-2022) – Agriculture and Rural Affairs
Advising investors on complex asset acquisitions and disposals including CBD buildings, shopping centres, major industrial and commercial sites, development sites and hotels.
- Advising on all aspects of retail, commercial and industrial asset management and integration into property portfolios, including advice on leasing, refurbishment and redevelopment.
- Advising private land holders with respect to state leasehold requirements.
- Advising land owners with respect to mining access rights.
- Advising not-for-profit associations with respect to state government funding, construction and leasing contracts.
- Advising land holders on state government funding applications for economic development initiatives.
- Advising private land owners on structuring and land titling matters.