Having worked with Government representatives for 25 years, Cooper Grace Ward understands the intricacies of advising public sector clients. Our Brisbane commercial lawyers work regularly with local, state and federal-level departments, statutory authorities and Government-owned corporations.
Cooper Grace Ward’s dedicated team aligns action and advocacy with departmental objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Benefit from our first-hand Government experience
The team also brings specialist expertise direct from the public sector. A number of Cooper Grace Ward employees have worked in various levels of Government – including occupying Director roles in the Queensland Government and Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
Through this experience, we appreciate the high degree of scrutiny and accountability expected in the public sector, as well as the strategic aims that underpin decisions and processes.
These layers of complexity are taken into account when advising on matters involving cross-agency collaboration and those that have the potential for political impact.
Our commercial law firm also regularly assists clients with common workplace and employment law challenges and dispute resolution.
Our approach to working with Government clients
We offer a multidisciplinary approach to Government, combining the expertise and capability of other groups such as commercial, property and planning, workplace relations and safety and tax, to provide a seamless service to Government clients.
The major services we offer Government clients include:
- commercial advice, including advice on Government contracts and agreements
- advice on contestability, methods for delivery and corporate governance
- risk management, governance and compliance programs
- advising on governance requirements and statutory interpretation
- administrative law (judicial review) and regulatory compliance (prosecution, appeals)
- property acquisition, leasing and sales
- land tenure management and conservation and supporting legal and commercial frameworks
- planning and environment advice and appeals
- workplace relations and safety advice, documentation and litigation
- intellectual property advice and protection strategies
- insurance advice and claims resolution
- litigation and dispute resolution
- tax disputes
- advising on regulatory reform
- native title and cultural heritage.
Our Government clients include:
- Local Government authorities
- State Government departments
- Federal Government agencies
- Statutory authorities
- Government-owned corporations
Cooper Grace Ward is accredited through the Local Buy supplier panel to provide services to local government authorities throughout Queensland.
To speak with a commercial lawyer regarding a Government matter, call Cooper Grace Ward on (07) 3231 2444.