As a partner in Cooper Grace Ward’s insurance team, Brady’s practice focuses on workers’ compensation claims on behalf of WorkCover Queensland and Wesfarmers Group TeamCover. He also represents RACQ Insurance in CTP claims and manages the firm’s CTP practice.
Brady is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law and a member of the Personal Injuries Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee for the Queensland Law Society.
He has represented both corporate and private clients in all areas of injury litigation, including claims involving work accidents, motor vehicle accidents, defective products, medical negligence, public liability and criminal compensation.
Before joining Cooper Grace Ward, Brady was a partner in the injury litigation division of another Brisbane legal firm for six years and was an Associate prior to this. He also worked in the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions in the late 1990s.
Brady’s focus is on resolving claims promptly and appropriately, which he achieves with balanced and pragmatic advice. With experience acting on behalf of both claimants and defendants, he brings an appreciation of the issues facing both parties to litigation.
Brady is also a volunteer solicitor for LawRight providing advice to unrepresented litigants through the QCAT process.
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – QUT
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland & High Court of Australia
- Accredited Specialist (Personal Injury) – Qld
- Member – Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Member – Australian Insurance Law Association
- Member – Queensland Law Society Personal Injuries Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee
- Best Lawyer Australia – since 2018 – Insurance Law and Personal Injury Litigation
- Doyles Guide 2020 – Leading Lawyer – Workers Compensation & WorkCover, Queensland
- Doyles Guide 2020 – Recommended Lawyer – Compulsory Third Party Insurance, Queensland
- Doyles Guide 2019 – Preeminent Lawyer – Workers Compensation, Queensland
- Doyles Guide 2018 – Leading Lawyer – Workers Compensation and WorkCover Lawyers (Defendant), Queensland
- Doyles Guide 2018 – Recommended lawyer – Leading CTP Insurance Lawyers (Defendant), Queensland
- Acting in numerous multi-party claims involving the construction and mining industries.
- Acting in numerous claims relating to the health and aged care industries including pure psychological injury claims.
- Acting in numerous claims involving the retail and liquor industries including claims involving criminal assaults by third parties upon employees.
- Acting on behalf of state government departments and instrumentalities in claims under the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 (WCRA).
- Acting on behalf of insurers and self-insured businesses under the WCRA relating to both statutory and common law claims.
- Acting on behalf of a major CTP insurer in claims regulated by the Motor Accident Insurance Act 1994 (MAIA) and Civil Liability Act 2003 (CLA).
- Handling claims involving situations of complex interaction between the WCRA, MAIA, and Personal Injuries Proceedings Act 2002 (Qld).
- Acting in numerous catastrophic injury claims (including claims involving quadriplegia).
- Investigating and resolving claims involving fraudulent activities.