Didn’t receive an email with our latest alert or webinar link?
With the overwhelming number of emails we receive nowadays, it’s hard to have to routinely sort between what is junk mail and what is useful content.
Whitelisting an email address or domain, adds a contact or group of contacts to a safe senders list. By doing this, you can prevent those important emails you’re waiting for from ending up in your spam folder.
Outlook For Office 365
- Log into Outlook for Office 365.
- Open whichever folder contains an email from the sender you’d like to whitelist.
- Select a message received from sender.
- Right click on the email address.
- Select “Add to Outlook Contacts”.
- In the top left corner of the new contact window, click “Save & Close”.
- The sender is now in your personal address book and their emails will go straight to your inbox.
You can also choose to add a specific email address or a whole domain to your safe senders list (for example, if you’d like to receive emails from everyone at CGW, add @cgw.com.au). To do this:
- In the “Home” tab at the top of the screen, select the drop-down menu called “Junk”.
- Then, click on “Junk E-mail Options”.
- In the second tab of this window, you’ll find “Safe Senders”.
- Here, you can add the specific email addresses and domains you do not want treated as junk.
- At the bottom of this window, click the checkbox to “also trust email from my contacts”.
Log on to your account at outlook.com.
- In the top right corner of the page, click on the cog icon for settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings and click on “View all Outlook settings”.
- Select “Junk email” from the menu.
- Scroll down to the “Safe Senders and Domains” sub-menu.
- Click “+Add” and enter the email you’re trying to prevent from going to your junk folder.
- You can also whitelist domains as well as specific email addresses by entering the domain rather than the full email address.
- This allows you to make mailing list addresses safe too, as they sometimes differ from the specific email address of the sender.
- Scroll down to the “Safe Mailing Lists” sub-menu.
- Click “+Add” and enter the mailing list email address you wish to prevent going to your junk folder.