Cooper Grace Ward has over 30 years’ experience in advising and representing Queensland CTP insurers.
Our team offers extensive experience and expertise in motor vehicle law, including the defence and management of Compulsory Third Party (CTP) claims. A number of lawyers in our team have previously been employed by CTP insurers, which gives them a unique insight into the issues facing these insurers.
Our clients benefit from seamless claims management backed by the resources and expertise of a full service commercial firm.
Our team’s expertise includes:
- full claims management, including managing catastrophic injury claims and associated rehabilitation issues
- identifying and defending claims involving fraud, including applications to withhold evidence
- advising in relation to the interaction between the Motor Accident Insurance Act 1994 and other legislative schemes, including the scope of the statutory CTP policy
- recovery actions for both personal injury and property damage
- managing multi-party claims brought under the various personal injuries schemes
- advocacy in settlement conferences and mediations
- litigated claims, including appeals to the Queensland Court of Appeal
- providing input into the review of the MAIA scheme.
If you are a CTP insurer in need of expert legal services, call (07) 3231 2444