As an associate in Cooper Grace Ward’s insurance team, Zoe brings approximately 12 years’ experience in the insurance industry. She has significant experience in the management of compulsory third party and workers’ compensation claims.
Zoe frequently provides advice in relation to liability and quantum and her thorough understanding of both pre-proceedings and litigation processes allows her to provide practical advice to clients.
- Acting for insurers in relation to personal injury claims management under the Motor Accident Insurance Act 1994
- Acting for insurers and self-insured clients in relation to personal injury claims management under the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003
- Advising on liability and quantum issues in personal injuries matters
- Representing parties in alternative dispute resolution including mediations, compulsory conferences and informal negotiations
- Progressing claims through the litigation process including drafting pleadings, complying with disclosure obligations and briefing Counsel
- Preparing matters for trial including issuing subpoenas, witness conferences, liaising closely with Counsel and witnesses and instructing Counsel at trial.
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – The College of Law
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member of Women in Insurance.