David is a special counsel in Cooper Grace Ward’s commercial workgroup. He has over 30 years’ experience specialising in acting for buyers and sellers of MMEs.
He advises on structuring transactions, negotiation of terms, due diligence and completion. He often works closely with accountants in metropolitan and regional Queensland to achieve the best tax outcomes for business owners involved in buying and selling businesses.
With this background he has wide experience in dealing with real property, finance, intellectual property, information technology and tax.
David has been listed by Best Lawyers Australia for Banking and Finance Law and Commercial Law in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Commerce – University of Queensland
- Solicitor – Supreme Courts of Queensland, NSW and Victoria.
- Director – Queensland Law Foundation
Corporate and commercial
- Drafting and implementation of product disclosure documents for a major Queensland insurer.
- Advising on the sale and acquisition of the businesses such as a steel fabricator, pharmaceutical manufacturer, employment agency and all types of franchises.
- Advising one of the world’s largest development and construction companies on a joint venture for a major redevelopment project in Brisbane.
- Advising on the sale, acquisition, chartering and leasing of all types of aircraft.
- Negotiating on behalf of service providers to the mining and resources sector on the terms of various types of service contracts.
- Preparing standard terms of trade and advising on the implications of the Personal Property Securities Act 2002 (Qld) for business.
- Advising corporations on employee share scheme, share issues and share buy-backs.
- Advising lenders and borrowers on all types of financial accommodation and securities.
Competition and consumer protection law
- Providing ongoing corporate advisory, intellectual property, competition and consumer, and compliance advice to a major Queensland insurer.
- Drafting standard form terms of trade documentation and advising in relation to contractual terms.
- Advising clients in regards to their dealings with and representations to the ACCC in relation to third line forcing and other exclusive dealing issues.