Sheanda is an associate in Cooper Grace Ward’s corporate and commercial team.
Sheanda is overseas qualified and brings over 5 years’ professional experience working as an Attorney-at-Law in Sri Lanka, specialising in investment, corporate law and project finance. While working in Sri Lanka, Sheanda was engaged in advising foreign investors seeking to invest in Sri Lanka and local companies engaged in takeovers (both listed and unlisted), including structuring of transactions and advising on company law related matters.
In her role at Cooper Grace Ward, Sheanda advises on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions relevant to business assets and equity interests, shareholder and stakeholder issues and associated agreements and compliance and corporate governance matters.
Sheanda also advises on financing of property development projects and assists clients with the establishment and operation of not-for-profit and charitable organisations and related tax advice.
Corporate and Commercial
- Advising on structuring corporations and corporate governance
- Negotiating and drafting partnership and shareholder agreements
- Advising on and preparing business and asset sale agreements and share sale agreements
- Providing advice on personal property securities and drafting and negotiating security agreements
- Preparing facility documents for the financing of property development projects
- Preparing and advising on user terms and conditions and policies relating to various industries.
- Advising on privacy law compliance requirements and data breach notification laws
- Drafting privacy policies and data breach response plans.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) – University of London, England
- Attorney-at-Law – Supreme Court of Sri Lanka
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – The College of Law
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member of Queensland Law Society.