Fair Work Australia’s minimum wage panel has announced a 2.9% increase in minimum wages effective from 1 July 2012.
National minimum wage
The national weekly minimum wage for award/agreement free employees will be increased by $17.10 per week to $606.40. This equates to an hourly rate increase from $15.51 per hour to $15.96 per hour.
Award minimum wages
- Minimum wages across all modern awards will be increased by 2.9%.
- Weekly wages will be rounded to the nearest 10 cents.
- The increase will also apply to transitional instruments including all transitional APCSs, state reference transitional awards and division 2B state enterprise awards.
- The standard casual loading in modern awards will remain unchanged.
- Casual loading for award/agreement free employees will be increased to 23%.
For more detailed information about how these changes will impact on your business please contact Cooper Grace Ward to speak with one of our workplace relations advisers.