There have been important developments in employment law that potentially make advisers and managers personally liable for unlawful employment decisions.
The Fair Work Ombudsman has successfully prosecuted an accounting adviser for underpayments made by an employer client to the client’s employees. We are also more commonly seeing civil penalties being imposed on managers who are involved in making employment decisions that are held to be unlawful.
This webinar is vitally important for any advisers or managers who are involved in the making of employment decisions.
Topics for discussion include:
- the legislative framework establishing personal liability for employment decisions
- an analysis of the broad application of personal liability provisions to many levels of decision makers and advisers
- the recent case law discussing personal liability in employment disputes
- strategies for limiting legal risk.
Who will benefit from this webinar?
This webinar is highly recommended for:
- HR professionals
- senior executives and managers
- accountants and financial advisers.