Steven provides clients with estate planning, self-managed superannuation, asset protection, structuring and succession planning advice as well as broader transaction-based commercial legal services.
Steven uses his experience to take a proactive approach to the implementation of various strategies and structures aimed at the intergenerational transfer of wealth and the mitigation of litigation risks. Steven provides practical, commercially viable solutions to his clients to meet their needs.
Steven is an accredited specialist superannuation adviser with the SMSF Association and regularly presents for education providers.
Prior to joining the team at Cooper Grace Ward in 2018, Steven practised in Melbourne delivering sophisticated estate planning and commercial solutions to high net worth, high-profile and business clients.
- Tailored legal advice to high net worth, high-profile and business clients to ensure efficient and effective generational wealth transfer including the consideration of succession planning, asset protection, complex commercial arrangements, trusts, superannuation and tax minimisation strategies.
- Preparation of simple and complex Wills incorporating testamentary discretionary trusts, capital preserved trusts, special disability trusts, life interests and superannuation death benefit nominations.
- Advising on the implementation and variation of appropriate structures for personal wealth management and intergenerational wealth transfer including preparation and implementation of asset protection strategies.
- Providing succession planning and superannuation advice to individuals, families and accounting and financial advice firms, including preparing of applications for binding private ruling to the ATO.
- Guiding executors and beneficiaries through the process of estate administration and assisting clients making or defending estate challenges.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial agreements including stakeholder agreements incorporating buy/sell arrangements, share sale agreements, company constitutions and trust deeds.
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours – Victoria University
- Bachelor of Business (Banking & Finance) – Victoria University
- Australian Lawyer – Supreme Court of Victoria
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- SMSF Specialist Adviser
- Member – SMSF Association
- Listed in Doyle’s Guide as a rising star for Wills, Estates and Succession Planning – Queensland 2021