Greg leads the Cooper Grace Ward banking and finance workgroup.
His group annually completes upwards of $2 billion in loan transactions across all eight Australian states and territories. He has developed long standing ‘partnering’ relationships with the firm’s banking and finance clients, with many of the appointments enduring for periods of 10 to 25 years.
- Masters of Law – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor – Supreme Courts of Queensland, NSW, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, Western Australia, Northern Territory, and High Court of Australia
- Member – Banking and Financial Services Law Association
- Member – Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia
- Best Lawyers Australia (2020-2022) – Banking and Finance Law
Banking and financial services
- Advice and assistance to national and international lending institutions on:
- the implementation of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth), the impact of the new regime on bank policy and systems including transitional issues
- the introduction of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) including preparation of pro-forma NCC compliant loan documentation and pre-contractual disclosure forms
- limited resource borrowing arrangements under the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (Cth).
- A deep understanding of lending practices in all eight Australian states and territories (including the underlying real and personal property laws, land titling systems, and contract formation process) of each jurisdiction.