Ellie Bailey, Events Adviser in our marketing team, has worked with Cooper Grace Ward for 2 years. We asked her to tell us in her own words what life at Cooper Grace Ward is like, and a few of her past experiences and favourite things.
1. What inspired you to get into event planning?
I’ve always wanted to work in events, ever since I can remember. I always loved being involved in planning our family events and I got to plan our high school formal, so I think the glitter and balloons got me hooked.
2. How long have you worked at Cooper Grace Ward for and what brought you to that position?
I have worked at CGW for two years. I came here from the Sunshine Coast, where I’d been for nine years. I had no family or friends there anymore and I wanted to go to a bigger city to continue my career, so I decided to move on.
3. If you could invite three people for dinner, dead or alive, who would they be and why?
Jamie Oliver – His food is amazing, so I would probably get him to cook for everyone and he would also bring some good banter.
Ellen DeGeneres – Great name (my name is actually Ellen), great comedian but also an inspirational activist for the LGBT community
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex – I have always been obsessed with the British royal family and also loved Meghan Markle in Suits (before she married Prince Harry).
4. Where is the best place in Brisbane to go for a drink or dinner after work?
Living on the outer skirts of Brisbane does make it harder to go for drinks after work but, given the chance, I would recommend Happy Boy in the Valley or Rogue Bistro in New Farm.
5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Don’t worry what other people think.
It’s so easy to get caught up with social media today and compare yourself to others.
6. Do you have any hobbies/interests outside of work?
I enjoy being active and on a sunny day you will usually find me in the pool. I have also started to take an interest in baking. I like to get creative and make some interesting cakes.
7. If you weren’t working in events, what would you be doing instead?
I’ve ever really thought about it, to be honest, because I’ve always enjoyed what I’ve done. But I’ve always had friends in the navy and the army and they sound very interesting, so maybe I would consider a role in the defence force.
8. What do you love about your job?
My work colleagues. Everyone is really friendly and we all get along well together. It’s always good to have a team you can talk to easily and feel comfortable around, so that’s been the best part.
9. Something you might not know about me is that…
In 2013 I got the opportunity to live and work in New York City.