Rebecca Cruden, member of our commercial team, shares some insights into life at Cooper Grace Ward, her past experiences and predictions for the upcoming year.
1. How long have you worked at Cooper Grace Ward for and what brought you to that position?
I have been working at Cooper Grace Ward for just over 10 years now and have been a part of the CGW Structures team since early on in my employment. I had a friend that worked in our accounts team who said it was a great place to work, so I decided to hand in my resume.
2. If you could invite three people for dinner, dead or alive who would they be and why?
My Grandma – She passed away when I was younger and I didn’t really get the chance to get to know her.
Robert Jordan – He was the author of the Wheel of Time book series. He passed away before he could complete the final few books. Another author ended up completing his series, so it would be interesting to find out if it ended the way he imagined it would.
Rebel Wilson – She is hilarious! It would certainly be an entertaining dinner.
3. You’re from Brisbane – where’s the best place to go for a drink and/or dinner after work?
George’s Paragon on Eagle Street. Seafood is one of my favourite things to eat.
4. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
My mum always says ‘what goes around, comes around’.
5. Do you have any hobbies/interests outside of work?
I love to spend time with my family and close friends and travelling. My last big holiday was a 5 week trip to Europe and the UK last July/August. For my next overseas trip I think I would like to go somewhere like Fiji and have more of a relaxing holiday.
6. Complete this sentence: If I wasn’t working at CGW, I would be…
A criminal psychologist. I have always thought it would be interesting to study the thoughts of a criminal. See how their minds tick and why they do the things they do.
7. What has been your biggest work challenge so far in 2015?
One of the biggest challenges the CGW Structures team has had this year is getting our new and improved website up and running. It has been quite a long process but well worth the time and effort.
8. What do you love about your job?
What I love the most about working at Cooper Grace Ward are the people in my team. The people I work with on a day to day basis make my day more enjoyable.
9. Something you might not know about me is that …
When I was younger, I used to be heavily involved in dancing (ballet, tap and jazz).