Middle market enterprises (MME), businesses with an annual turnover of between $2 million and $250 million, like ourselves, make up a substantial majority of Queensland’s economic base and require a comprehensive range of business support to be successful in the long term.
MMEs face a variety of legal issues at different times in their development and therefore need lawyers who understand their pressures and challenges, and how to deliver practical and commercial outcomes. We assist MME clients across a number of sectors including mining and resources, agribusiness, technology, transport and logistics, construction and property.
Cooper Grace Ward has delivered services to MME clients since we began operations in 1980. Our lawyers travel throughout Queensland and interstate to meet with our MME clients, to ensure these clients receive high quality, personalised service.
The major services we offer to MME clients include:
- commercial advice on, and preparation of, business contracts such as terms of trade and supply agreements
- structuring including asset protection, entity establishment, stakeholder agreements between business owners and business succession and estate planning
- business sales and purchases
- competition and consumer law issues
- workplace relations and safety advice
- foreign investment and international transactions
- capital raising, business succession, mergers and acquisitions and other major transactions
- property advice, including property purchases, leasing and sales
- intellectual property advice and protection strategies
- compliance including competition and consumer and workplace health and safety compliance
- strategic and compliance advice on complex tax, CGT, duty, GST and superannuation issues
- litigation and dispute resolution, including debt recovery, restructuring and contract disputes
- advice on personal property securities regime and register (‘PPSR’).
To contact a lawyer specialising in MMEs, call Cooper Grace Ward on (07) 3231 2444.