Five minutes with Belinda Winter07 October 2015 Topics:
Belinda Winter, partner in our workplace relations and safety team, has worked with Cooper Grace Ward for just over four years. We asked her to tell us in her own words what life at Cooper Grace Ward is like, and a few of her past experiences and favourite things.
1. What made you decide to become a lawyer?
Wanting to earn a good income for me and my family.
2. How long have you worked at Cooper Grace Ward for and what brought you to that position?
Just over four years. Annie Smeaton approached me and convinced me it’s a great place to work. And she was right!
3. If you could invite three people for dinner, dead or alive who would they be and why?
1. The Dalai Lama
2. Robert Holden (a well-known author on happiness and its source) and
3. the Pope. How interesting!
4. You’re from Brisbane – where’s the best place to go for a drink and/or dinner after work?
I love Madum Wu’s. I try and eat there as often as I can. Great food and cocktails.
5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
You will overcome your fear of public speaking by doing it, so do it often.
6. Do you have any hobbies/interests outside of work?
Wellness, exercise and nutrition.
7. Complete this sentence: If I wasn’t a lawyer, I would be…
A wellness consultant or sports dietician.
8. What do you love about your job?
Getting a great result for a client.
9. Something you might not know about me is that …
I used to own a bakery at Ningi (near Bribie Island) prior to becoming a lawyer.