Sarah provides advice and acts for clients in a variety of disputes with the Australian Tax Office and Office of State Revenue. She also acts for clients in a range of customs disputes.
Sarah’s technical experience includes representing taxpayers in disputes involving, income tax, international tax, GST, payroll tax, stamp duty and customs duty. Drawing on a background in commercial litigation, Sarah brings particular experience in evidentiary issues relevant to disputes when acting for clients during the audit and objection processes and appeals to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Supreme Court of Queensland and Federal Courts.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) – Griffith University
- Bachelor of Psychological Science – Griffith University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – College of Law
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland, High Court of Australia
- Successfully resolving Tribunal and Court appeals for taxpayers on issues relating to income tax (including international tax and residency disputes), landholder duty, payroll tax and GST.
- Negotiating terms of settlements before assessments are issued during the course of income tax and superannuation audits.
- Assisting taxpayers in preparing notices of objections and supporting evidence to ATO and OSR assessments.
- Advising and representing clients in appeals of decisions made by the ATO and OSR in the AAT, QCAT, Federal Court and Supreme Court.
- Assisting individuals in disputes with the ATO about their residency status.
- Advising and acting for companies and individuals in ATO summary prosecutions.
- Acting for and representing clients in Supreme Court and District Court debt recovery actions commenced by the ATO.
- Advising directors in relation to director penalty notices.
- Acting for clients in negotiations with the ATO involving arrangements to pay various tax debts by instalments and the remission of general interest charge.
- Assisting private business and high net worth individuals to respond to ATO reviews and audits.
- Acting for companies and individuals in winding up and bankruptcy proceedings commenced by the ATO.