Danni Grimmond, Paralegal in our commercial team, has worked with Cooper Grace Ward for three years. We asked her to tell us in her own words what life at Cooper Grace Ward is like, and a few of her past experiences and favourite things.
1. If you could summarise CGW in three words, what would they be?
Enterprising, supportive and dynamic
2. How long have you worked at Cooper Grace Ward and what brought you to that position?
I have worked here for just over three years now. A friend of mine used to work here and she loved the firm. When a position became available she let me know and the rest is history.
3. If you could invite three people for dinner, dead or alive, who would they be and why?
The Dalai Lama – because his teachings are amazing and I could never learn enough from him.
Russell Brand – because he is hilarious and inspirational and I would love to hear him tell his story.
Jason Mamoa – I just want to watch him throw tomahawks and chug beer and, well … because he’s Jason Mamoa
4. Where’s the best place to go for a drink or dinner after work?
At home. On my couch. In my PJs. Because, clearly, I’m a rock star.
5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Never look back. Trust your instincts. Never settle. And follow your heart.
6. Do you have any hobbies/interests outside of work?
I train at a local gym doing Muay Thai and will hopefully have my first fight sometime this year.
7. Complete this sentence: If I wasn’t working at Cooper Grace Ward I would be …
a paramedic or a firefighter. Both of which I am in the process of training for.
8. What do you love about your job?
The people. We have an awesome little team down here in the dungeon.
9. Something you might not know about me is that…
I’m a total hippie at heart.