Hannah Westaway, law clerk in our commercial team, has worked with Cooper Grace Ward for 14 months. We asked her to tell us in her own words what life at Cooper Grace Ward is like, and a few of her past experiences and favourite things.
1. If you could summarize CGW in three words, what would they be?
Welcoming, dedicated and innovative
2. How long have you worked at Cooper Grace Ward and what brought you to that position?
I have been with CGW since September 2016 and saw CGW as a great firm to help build my career.
3. If you could invite three people for dinner, dead or alive, who would they be and why?
Jamie Oliver – because he is an amazing cook and I would love some tips.
Princess Diana – when I was a little girl, I thought that Princess Diana was incredibly beautiful and inspiring.
Steve Jobs – listening to him talk about his design philosophy would be fascinating.
4. Where’s the best place to go for a drink or dinner after work?
I’m usually too swamped with uni work to go out after work but I recently tried Jamie’s Italian on Edward Street. I loved it.
5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Look both ways before crossing the road.
6. Do you have any hobbies/interests outside of work?
I enjoy playing tennis and being active.
7. Complete this sentence: If I wasn’t a lawyer, I would be…
Sitting with a cup of tea in a café writing a novel.
8. What do you love about your job?
The people I work with; they are very down to earth.
9. Something you might not know about me is that…
I love celebrating, especially Christmas, Easter and birthdays.