Estate planning always presents many issues for us as we help our clients, and where there is money in superannuation it is more complex again (especially where an SMSF is involved). The changes to the SMSF rules keep upping the stakes, and estate planning more than a few years old should be reviewed.
This session will use case studies to look at the intersection of estate planning and SMSFs, including:
- current issues – conflicts, proper process and death benefit payments
- the impact of six member SMSFs
- the importance of trustee discretion in making death benefit payments in the right circumstances
- to removing discretion – when and what are the options
- the effect of transfer balance caps.
As this is such a hot topic, we are running this session in multiple locations.
New dates to be advised shortly
Mackay – Rydges Mackay Suites
Cairns – Pullman Cairns International
Townsville – Rydges Southbank Townsville
Sunshine Coast – Twin Waters Golf Club
Toowoomba – Gips Restaurant
Gold Coast – Southport Golf Club
Rockhampton – Empire Apartment Hotel