Laura advises clients on a range of property matters including:
- commercial and industrial property purchases and disposals
- agricultural property, plant and equipment transactions
- commercial, industrial and retail leasing
- commercial industrial and retail asset management
- due diligence investigations and reporting
- easements and traffic/transport corridors
- state leasehold and land tenure issues.
Laura’s experience is consolidated by having worked on secondment as in-house legal counsel for one of the world’s largest family restaurant owners, meaning she is acutely aware of the challenges faced by clients with respect to asset management, and is responsive and practical when advising clients.
As a property law advocate, Laura is engaged in sessional academic work in the Faculty of Law at the Queensland University of Technology and has presented at various property industry body events.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) – Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Justice, Public Policy (Honours) – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member – Golden Key International Academic Honours Society
- Committee Member – Property Council of Australia, Future Directions Committee 2008-2014
- Advising investors on complex asset acquisitions and disposals including CBD buildings, development sites and hotels.
- Advising private land holders with respect to state leasehold requirements.
- Advising land owners with respect to mining access rights.
- Advising not-for-profit associations with respect to state government funding, construction and leasing contracts.
- Advising land holders on state government funding applications for economic development initiatives.
- Advising private land owners on structuring and land titling matters.