We have witnessed a rapid change in the employment, safety and industrial relations environment in the past month due to COVID-19.
To prepare employers for employees to return to the workplace, Safe Work Australia has published detailed information about a range of safety considerations.
In this webinar, Cooper Grace Ward partner, Annie Smeaton will explain what is expected of employers and will discuss: :
- steps an employer should take if it reasonably suspects someone has, or has been exposed to, the virus
- when and how to conduct risk assessments, including information on what is ‘reasonably practicable’
- how to calculate and adhere to physical distancing rules such as the 4 square metre rule and what to do if these cannot be strictly followed
- how to clean and disinfect the workplace and when to do so
- what causes psychological injury and tips on how to manage mental health in the workplace and from home.