The rules relating to Family Trust Elections (FTE) and Interposed Entity Elections (IEE) are extremely complex and frequently not applied correctly.
In this webinar we use examples to discuss the following:
- when an FTE or IEE (or both) must be made
- which individuals and entities are part of the ‘family group’ of the specified individuals
- what are ‘distributions’
- what are the implications of making distributions outside of the ‘family group’ and who will be liable for family trust distributions tax
- important trust deed provisions
- when an FTE or IEE can be revoked or the test individual changed
- dealing with FTE issues when passing control of trusts as part of succession planning or family law settlement.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS WEBINAR?
This webinar is highly recommended for:
- financial planners
- other professional advisers.