The Government made a budget night promise to replace the current individual tax residency rules with a ‘new, modernised framework’.
The proposed changes are still in the form of recommendations made by the Board of Taxation. However, we have received feedback from clients and advisers that they would like to understand the potential effects before the changes become law, so that they can start planning for the future.To meet these requests, our tax partner Fletch Heinemann will be presenting a special complimentary webinar. Fletch will use case studies to work through the proposed new rules, and how they interact with the existing rules.
After this webinar, you will be able to identify:
- the different tests for residency under the proposed new rules
- the traps for current Australian expats
- the traps for individuals looking to move overseas permanently
- how the proposed new rules interact with the income tax laws in the foreign country and any double tax agreements
- what steps individuals should be taking now to prepare.
The webinar will be recorded, so, if you are unable to attend at the advertised time, we will send you the recording for future viewing.
We hope that you are able to join us.