As a partner within the firm’s insurance team, Terry specialises in resolving disputes and providing advice for insurance clients and clients involved in the transport industry.
His key areas of focus are public liability insurance, life insurance, professional indemnity insurance, motor vehicle insurance and liability of schools.
Terry acts for a number of prominent insurers of national and international standing. Terry provides advice to insurers and underwriters in relation to policies, policy development, statutory interpretation and litigation prevention policy.
- Master of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland, High Court of Australia
- Member – Queensland Medico-Legal Society
- Member – Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA)
- Member – Australian Life Underwriters and Claims Association (ALUCA)
- Member – Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
- Member – Council of Queensland Insurance Brokers (CQIB)
Personal injury claims
- Claims arising from recreational activities including horse riding, boating and jet-ski accidents.
- Claims arising from work accidents against non-employer respondents, including scaffolding collapses and loading/unloading accidents.
- Claims under household policies involving injuries caused by faulty premises, appliances and slips, trips and falls.
- Claims against schools by both students and parents.
- Claims for injuries due to dog attacks.
- Damage caused to infrastructure including overhead bridges by heavy transport.
- Vehicles colliding with buildings and other structures.
- Claims relating to fire damage including arson.
- Intrusion of tree roots to adjoining properties.
- Defence of proceedings involving claims under TPD policies, income protection policies, trauma policies and policies providing group life and group salary continuance cover.
- Providing advice on policy construction and statutory interpretation.