Sarah provides advice and acts for clients in a variety of disputes with revenue authorities including the Australian Tax Office and Office of State Revenue.
With a background in commercial litigation and insolvency, Sarah has experience in the litigation and court processes in the state courts in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, as well as the federal jurisdiction in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and Federal Courts.
Sarah’s experience includes assisting and acting for clients through the audit process, preparing notices of objections and supporting evidence, AAT and Federal Court appeals and ATO prosecutions.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) – Griffith University
- Bachelor of Psychological Science – Griffith University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – College of Law
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland, High Court of Australia
- Member – International Women’s Insolvency and Reconstruction Committee
- Advising and acting for companies and individuals in ATO summary prosecutions.
- Acting for and representing clients in Supreme Court and District Court debt recovery actions commenced by the ATO.
- Advising directors in relation to director penalty notices.
- Acting for clients in negotiations with the ATO involving arrangements to pay various tax debts by instalments and the remission of general interest charge.
- Assisting private business and high net worth individuals to respond to ATO reviews and audits.
- Preparing notices of objections to ATO assessments on various issues.
- Advising and representing clients in appeals of decisions made by regulatory authorities in the AAT and Federal Court.
- Assisting individuals in disputes with the ATO about their residency status.