Marcus is the head of property development within the property, planning and environment team at Cooper Grace Ward.
Marcus has been actively involved in the development industry for more than 25 years. His practice areas include strategic advice for property developers of large master planned communities, including commercial, retail and residential; infrastructure agreements and arrangements for master planned communities; community title scheme developments; legal structures such as development agreements; and complex tenders for acquisition of raw sites.
His focus is to provide legal advice of the highest calibre, ensuring commercial and practical results. Marcus achieves these results through a commitment to strategic planning of his clients’ ventures, taking into account not only the myriad of legal issues but also the financial imperatives of his clients and the political issues they often face.
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Secretary – Urban Development Institute of Australia (Queensland) Council (2006 – 2011)
- Executive Council – Property Council of Australia (Queensland)
- Council Member – Queensland Heritage Council
- Recommended in Doyle’s Guide for property law (2015)
- Advising two principal residential developers, the developer of the shopping centre and the developer of the business park in all aspects of the infrastructure and planning for the Rochedale master planned community development, including negotiating critical infrastructure agreements with Brisbane City Council.
- Acting for two property groups in relation to strategic planning, infrastructure requirements and agreements for their large proposed communities of Ripley Valley and Flagstone, both of which are areas governed by the Minister of Economic Development Queensland.
- Advising a property group in relation to their proposed development at Palmview on the Sunshine Coast, which is a major greenfield development site for the region. The team’s services include strategic planning, infrastructure planning and general property advice.
- Acting for a property group in the sale of a shopping centre in 2012. The centre is set on 3.85 hectares of land within the high growth master planned areas of Peregian Springs and Ridges Peregian Springs on the Sunshine Coast. The sale included 4,386sqm of additional land available for further expansion of the centre.
- Working collaboratively with various consultants in respect of negotiations with state government, local authorities and various other stakeholders.
- Representing a property group in its acquisition from a residential property developer of a major residential development at Currumbin, Gold Coast, with an end value of about $500 million.