As a senior associate in Cooper Grace Ward’s litigation and dispute resolution team, Lisa brings a wealth of experience representing principals, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and consultants across a broad cross-section of the construction industry.
Lisa regularly advises clients regarding contract administration, contract interpretation and the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (Qld) (BCIPA).
Outside of the construction industry, Lisa assists clients in a wide range of commercial litigation matters including partnership disputes, breaches of contract, negligence actions and trade practices disputes.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Queensland
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member – National Association of Women in Construction
- Member – Australian Corporate Lawyers Association
Litigation and dispute resolution
- Acting for a large Queensland construction company in a multi-party, multimillion dollar litigation in the Supreme Court of Queensland concerning the development of a unit complex.
- Acting for an insurer in the Queensland Floods Commission of Inquiry.
- Advising a bulk water infrastructure developer in a dispute concerning the construction of a pipeline.
- Resolving an application for summary judgment in the Supreme Court of Queensland founded on a BCIPA claim for works associated with MMG Century mine, west of Mount Isa.
- Obtaining a favourable adjudication decision under the BCIPA for a leading Australian contractor involved in the Kestrel Mine Extension project.
- Acting for the owners of a luxury resort in Noosa in relation to in a multimillion dollar construction dispute in the Supreme Court of Queensland.
- Acting for a Queensland project builder in proceedings in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal seeking a review of directions to rectify issued by the Queensland Building Services Authority.
- Advising a leading Queensland architectural firm in relation to a dispute about a large facility constructed for Queensland Health.