Lara specialises in providing advice in the areas of family business and MMEs, the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), leasing, franchising, business law, commercial property, assets and business sales acquisitions and business succession planning, advice and transactions.
Her depth of experience in both commercial and property law enables her to advise from a broad perspective, resulting in a more commercial outcome for clients. Lara adopts an easy to read and understand style when drafting documents and advising clients. This approach sets Lara apart and ensures her clients receive a tailored commercial approach to their legal matters.
Lara is an accredited Family Business Australia adviser, which provides her with deep insight into the important issues for family business clients.
Lara regularly advises in-house counsel on a range of corporate and commercial legal issues.
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts – Griffith University
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member – Franchise Council of Australia
- Member – Family Business Australia
- Accredited Family Business Adviser – Family Business Australia
- Acting for a large exhibition and function venue in relation to their sponsorship agreements, venue hire agreements and supply agreements.
- Acting for Queensland state government regulator in relation to asset and property acquisitions, restructuring, corporate compliance, interpretation of legislation, drafting a constitution, contracts with third parties and transactions for the purchase of industry related assets.
- Intellectual property and asset licensing.
- Acting for owner of large mining camp hire business in the sale of its business.
- Advising clients in various industries about trade practices compliance.
Family business advice
- Advising family businesses on structures for intergenerational transfers.
- Acting for third generation iconic Queensland family business for stakeholder agreement.
- Documenting restructures and transfers of business to next generation.
- Shareholder and stakeholder agreements.
- Family agreements.
- General business law advice including contracts for supply and procurement.
- Buy/sell arrangements.
- Asset sale and purchase agreements.
- Share sale agreements.
- Acting for a large pizza chain in its leasing requirements for retail premises throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Acting for a large property holder in relation to its bulky good centres throughout Queensland.
- Acting for a national retail furniture and homewares chain in its leasing requirements in Queensland.
- Acting for shopping centre owner in Queensland in relation to all its retail shop lease requirements.
- Acting for SMEs in all leasing requirements across Australia.
- Undertaking due diligence on leases for proposed purchaser of large retail shopping centre in Queensland.
- Due diligence, contract preparation and negotiation and acquisition and sales of commercial sites across Queensland.
- Acting for local government in regional Queensland for property matters including subdivision of residential land and easements.
- Acting in the sale of large agricultural landholdings in Queensland.
- Acting for several owners of large quarrying interests in Queensland and Northern Territory.
- Acting for franchisor of retail discount chain in establishment of franchise systems, structuring disclosure, code compliance and preparation of franchise agreement and associated documents.
- Acting for large national flooring retail group in preparation of new member documents and general advice to board, shareholder disputes and Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) compliance.
- Assisting in the establishment of franchise systems and preparation of a full suite of franchise documentation.
- Business licence and buying group systems.
- Advising on related documents including intellectual property licence agreements and disclosure statements.