Kim has been a lawyer in the property industry for more than 30 years. He specialises in sales, purchases and development of commercial property, including Brisbane CBD buildings, shopping centres, service stations and hotels.
Kim advises on community title scheme developments (both commercial and residential) and on sales and purchases of businesses. He has a large leasing practice covering all types of leasing (both for landlord and tenant) including commercial property, retail shops, industrial properties, vacant land and lots in community title schemes.
Kim is also involved in conveyancing of residential property including vacant land, rural and crown leasehold properties.
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Diploma of Legal Practice – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia
- Member – St Vincent’s Health and Aged Care Human Research Ethics Committee
- Member – Australian Community Services Employers Association Union of Employers (President)
- Member – Queensland Law Society Property and Development Law Committee
- Providing legal advice on commercial and property related matters to various clients in the health and aged care industries. In particular, advising a number of private hospitals, community care, aged care and retirement village operators.
- Acting for a number of Queensland based universities and providing them with advice on commercial and property matters.
- Providing advice to various NFP groups including various church related entities.
- Advising a Queensland government department in relation to commercial and leasing issues. He is also currently drafting a proforma licence agreement for the department’s use.
- Acting for numerous leasing clients (both landlord and tenant), including various Queensland and Commonwealth government owned corporations and a major telecommunications company.
- Acting for a major oil company, major fast food chain and a leading hardware chain, advising on the acquisition, sale and leasing (both as tenant and landlord) of property, reconfiguration and development applications, and various other property related issues.
- Acting for a major oil company in the restructuring of its entire distributor network throughout Queensland.
- Providing comprehensive leasing advice, including documentation and dispute resolution for a client’s commercial and retail assets.
- Leading various groups handling the purchase and sale of major retail shopping centres in Queensland.