Katrina is an associate in Cooper Grace Ward’s family law team, who provides practical advice to assist in the early resolution of disputes involving property, parenting and financial matters.
Katrina has a passion for social justice, advocacy and finding solutions to complex legal matters.
Before joining Cooper Grace Ward, Katrina managed a broad range of family law, criminal law and domestic violence matters.
Katrina has been a regular volunteer at the Moreton Bay Community Legal Service, providing access to justice to those who might not otherwise be able to afford it.
- Advising on parenting disputes.
- Advising on property settlements.
- Advising on pre-nuptial financial agreements.
- Advising on financial agreements for parties in de-facto relationships.
- Drafting child support agreements.
- Appearing as advocate for clients in domestic violence proceedings.
- Attending with clients as advocate at mediations and conciliation conferences.
- Appearing in the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court for clients in parenting and property proceedings, including spousal maintenance.
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland, High Court of Australia
- Member – Family Law Practitioners Association
- Member – Family Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Volunteer Lawyer at Moreton Bay Community Legal Service (2013 – 2016)
- Member – Management Committee of the Caboolture Regional Domestic Violence Service (2014)