Our workplace relations and safety team is a specialist group of highly experienced lawyers who have over 40 years’ combined experience working with organisations of all sizes providing strategic advice on the full spectrum of employment, industrial relations, anti-discrimination and workplace health and safety matters.
We are experienced in a broad range of industries, including construction, mining and resources, transport, labour hire/recruitment, manufacturing, retail, security, education and training, motor vehicle dealerships, community care and health.
Our services in this area include:
- advice on all aspects of employment contracts, including restraint of trade, remuneration, bonuses, confidentiality and intellectual property
- enterprise agreement negotiations
- strategic business restructuring advice (including redundancy)
- strategic issues relating to outsourcing and transfer of business
- representing a diverse range of clients on contentious employment and industrial relations matters in courts, commissions and tribunals, including work health and safety prosecutions, unfair dismissal proceedings, discrimination, sexual harassment and adverse action
- underpayment of wages and fair work ombudsman prosecutions
- strategic industrial relations advice on a range of workplace matters, including unions in the workplace, good faith bargaining and right of entry
- conducting and implementing work health and safety system reviews and audits and providing advice on workplace health and safety compliance
- accident and incident investigations
- defence of workplace health and safety prosecutions
- undertaking variety of workplace investigations concerning harassment, bullying and other employee misconduct
- managing ill and injured employees.
Workplace relations and safety half day training programs
Our team are experienced trainers and deliver regular workshops for employers on complex workplace issues, such as:
- employment basics for small to medium enterprises
- performance management
- conducting workplace investigations
- equal employment opportunity
- managing ill and injured employees
- occupational health and safety.
Find out more about our workplace relations half day training programs.
For legal advice on workplace relations and safety, contact Cooper Grace Ward on (07) 3231 2444.