Cooper Grace Ward understands the intricacies of working with government clients, drawing on experience spanning over 25 years advising government departments, statutory authorities and government owned corporations at the local, state and federal level.
Our team brings specialist expertise directly from the government sector, with several of our team members having worked in various levels of government, including previous director roles, within the Queensland Government and Australian Taxation Office.
Through this experience, we appreciate the high degree of scrutiny and accountability expected in the public sector, as well as the strategic aims that underpin decisions and processes.
We offer a multidisciplinary approach to government, combining the expertise and capability of other groups such as commercial, property and planning, workplace relations and safety and tax, to provide a seamless service to government clients.
The major services we offer include:
- commercial advice, including advice on government contracts and agreements
- advice on contestability, methods for delivery and corporate governance
- risk management, governance and compliance programs
- advising on governance requirements and statutory interpretation
- administrative law (judicial review) and regulatory compliance (prosecution, appeals)
- property acquisition, leasing and sales
- land tenure management and conservation and supporting legal and commercial frameworks
- planning and environment advice and appeals
- workplace relations and safety advice, documentation and litigation
- intellectual property advice and protection strategies
- insurance advice and claims resolution
- litigation and dispute resolution
- tax disputes
- advising on regulatory reform
- native title and cultural heritage.
To speak with a commercial lawyer regarding a Government matter, call Cooper Grace Ward on (07) 3231 2444.