We understand that issues affecting franchisors and franchisees are broad and diverse, and offer clients a multidisciplinary team of legal professionals from our commercial, property and litigation and dispute resolution teams to ensure their businesses are structured to achieve success.
Our clients in the franchising industry sector include fast food retailers, food and beverage retailers, clothing retailers, car rental agencies, mortgage brokers, convenience shops, gymnasiums, real estate agencies and motor vehicle dealerships.
Cooper Grace Ward is an active member of the Franchise Council of Australia, which ensures our team members are well informed about the issues affecting all players in the franchising industry.
Our franchising services include:
- franchise agreements and disclosure documents
- sales and purchases of franchise businesses
- property advice and lease documents, including retail shop leases
- mediation and dispute resolution
- commercial advice on, and preparation of, business contracts such as terms of trade and supply agreements
- tax, duty and GST
- intellectual property advice and protection strategies
- workplace relations and safety
- compliance including competition and consumer and workplace health and safety compliance
- structuring including asset protection, entity establishment and business succession.
For more information on franchising issues, we have collated a range of useful resources for Australian franchisors and franchisees.
- Franchise Council of Australia
- Office of Fair Trading – Queensland
- The Office of the Franchising Mediation Adviser
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- Asia – Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence
For legal advice on franchising matters, call (07) 3231 2444.