Cooper Grace Ward’s banking and financial services team brings experience across the full spectrum of banking law advice and financing transactions including commercial lending and complex project financing matters.
We act for major banks, credit unions, financiers, originators and sub-originators, which provides us with a deep knowledge of the challenges and opportunities faced by the banking and finance industry. We understand the importance of the twin needs of being accessible to the bank and its customers and to responding speedily. We understand too the importance of offering smart and price effective solutions.
The banking and financial services’ team has a reputation enjoyed nationally for competence and consistency of excellence in the delivery of its services. This is evidenced by the group’s record of:
- making and maintaining longstanding partnering relationships of 10 to 25 years with the firm’s banking and finance clients
- executing each year upwards of $2 billion in loan transactions across all eight Australian states and without any difficulty or issues for the banks in terms of claims, complaints, reputational harm or catastrophic loss.
We provide a genuine one stop shop for banking transactions across all jurisdictions including the provision of mortgage services on a ‘borderless’ basis.
Our major services include:
- loan and security documentation
- land mortgage security in all Australian states and territories
- advice on Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) (PPSA)
- security documents and requirements under PPSA
- advice and documents on non-recourse lending to self managed superannuation fund entities
- compliance issues, including documents and disclosure requirements under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) (NCCP)
- advice on Responsible Lending Doctrine under NCCP
- advice on Australian Credit Licensing regime (ACL) under NCCP
- insolvency and debt recovery
- advice and litigation relating to Australia Financial Services Licenses (AFSLs)
- syndicated lending and security transactions
- equity participation, venture capital transactions and joint venture finance
- project and asset finance.
For legal advice about a banking and finance matter, call (07) 3231 2444.