17 Abbott Street
Cairns, Qld, 4870
The OSR is conducting a large number of payroll tax audits. Some of these have resulted in eye-watering assessments, and advisers have been put under the spotlight for advice that was (or wasn’t) given.
This session will help you manage payroll tax risks. We will look at:
- case studies on structures in family businesses that result in grouping – and what can be done to reduce the effects of inadvertent grouping
- contract drafting tips to reduce the risk of the OSR applying the employment agent provisions to genuine subcontracts
- setting up systems to identify taxable and exempt payments to contractors
- how to manage voluntary disclosures to the OSR
- setting the limits of your obligations to advise on payroll tax on an ongoing basis.
We look forward to your joining in the discussion.